Monday, September 27, 2010

I'm smocked

Well I finally finished my smock.  I learned a bunch of stuff from it, which was basically the point in making it. I think most importantly I came to the realization that I will not be auditioning for Project Runway any time soon.  I mean, really, my portfolio would consist of a crappy zipper bag and really jacked up smock.  I would be aout before it even began. 

Reality jolt aside, I'm pretty proud of myself.  I wanted to quit a few times, especially when I was exhausted and decided the neckline was funky and I went all Edward Scissorhands on the poor thing.  But I saw it through and did the best I could with such limited knowledge on how to deal with a poorly planned neckline incident.  

Lesson learned:  If the sandman is banging on the door, lock the scissors up in a safe with a timer set to unlock the next morning, after 3 cups of coffee.  That's right.  My imaginary safe has a smart timer that knows when I've been properly caffeinated. 

Also, bias binding - ha!  I googled and youtubed a bizzilion and one tutorials on how to make the stuff and yeah, that's just not going to happen any time soon.  I did the best with what I could muster up from my scraps.  P.S.  I have no idea what I'm talking about (or doing).

Anyway.  Pics soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment