Saturday, September 25, 2010

Woo!

I remembered my password. Hurrah!

Okay so here I am and I'm back with a vengance.  Until something shiny catches my eye and my ADD takes me away to someplace that doesn't involve blogging.  But until then I'm going to update this thing.

I've been wanting to sew for almost 3 years now and it looks like that time is here.  I somehow managed to break the sewing machine that my sister gave me (let me borrow? I hope she gave it to me) so I went out and bought a new one.  It's pretty fancy (they're all fancy to me).

So far I've hemmed some of Jules' jeans that were in the to-be-donated bag into shorts.  I've made a zippered pouch.  My hands know what the life of a pin cushion must be like,  I've sliced my thumb with a rotary cutter and scratched gashed my leg with a straight pin.  I feel like I'm on the right track. 

Today I'm going to try making this Smock.  Wish me luck.  Bandaids ready, check!

0 comments:

Post a Comment